Calories per serve: 190 | Time: 15 mins
21 grams Rice Vermicelli Noodles
1 1/2 tsp Tamari
1 1/8 tsps Rice Vinegar
1/2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
1/3 tsp ginger (minced)
3/4 tsp Water
2 Rice Paper Wraps
1/16 head Iceberg Lettuce (leaves pulled apart)
1/4 Red Bell Pepper (medium, sliced)
1/4 Carrot (large, shredded)
1/2 cup Purple Cabbage (thinly sliced)
- Cook the rice vermicelli noodles according to the directions on the package. Rinse under cold water and drain. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the tamari, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, and water. Adjust to taste as needed.
- Soften a sheet of rice paper underwater by submerging it in a shallow dish for five seconds. Transfer to a plate. Arrange the lettuce, vermicelli, bell pepper, carrot, and cabbage near the bottom of the wrap. Fold the bottom over the filling, then fold the sides. Tightly roll the rice paper until it is completely wrapped. Transfer to a separate plate and repeat this process until all ingredients are used up.
- Dip into the sauce and enjoy!
- Leftovers – Best enjoyed immediately. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to two days. Separate the rolls with a damp cloth or lettuce leaves to prevent sticking.
- Serving Size – One serving equals approximately two rolls.
- Additional Toppings – Add bean sprouts, crushed peanuts, cilantro, shrimp, Thai basil, mint, cucumbers, or sliced cooked pork.
- Hoisin Lover – Instead of the tamari sauce, make a hoisin dipping sauce by mixing equal parts of peanut butter and hoisin sauce. Dilute with water to your preferred consistency.