About The Diet
The aim of this diet is to gently stimulate and restore the body’s elimination and detoxification pathways. By eliminating certain foods and chemicals for a period of 1-3 weeks your practitioner can assess the impact of common reactive foods on your current health status.
Foods included in the diet outline – promote detoxification, are easy to digest, and may enhance the body’s ability to repair. A low reactive diet may therefore provide enormous benefit to treatment and management of the following common health conditions:
- Skin conditions – Allergies
- Digestive disorders – Sinusitis
- Autoimmune disease – Chronic Fatigue
- Chemical sensitivity – Weight Control
This diet is designed to eliminate:
- Dairy products (milk, butter, cheese, yoghurt, cream, ice cream)
- Foods containing gluten (wheat, oats, rye, barley)
- Yeasts and moulds
- Phenolic chemicals – salicylates in fruits and vegetables
- Preservatives (benzoates), metabisulphite, nitrites
- Artificial colourings (tartrazine, erythrosine) and flavours (MSG – 621)
- Biologically active amines (eg histamine, serotonin, tyramine)
- Caffeine (coffee, tea, energy, or cola drinks)
- Chocolate, lollies, sugar
- Drink 6-8 glasses of purified water each day.
- Consume a glass of freshly made juice each morning with spirulina.
- Take a good quality multivitamin to ensure adequate nutrition for proper detoxification
- All foods must be rotated daily to provide a broad spectrum of nutrients and phytochemicals to assist elimination.
- Medium-sized meals are to be consumed every 3-4 hours.
- Consumption of fresh fruit between meals to prime digestion is beneficial.
Low Reactive Foods
- FRUITS – limes, apples, banana, lychee, pawpaw, pear, rhubarb, mango
- VEGETABLES – Brussel sprouts, cabbage, carrot, cauliflower, celery, green beans, lettuce, onion, potato, pumpkin, shallots, sprouts, sweet potato
- MEAT – beef, chicken, fish, lamb, salmon, tuna, turkey
- BEVERAGES – bamboo, chamomile tea, dandelion tea, decaffeinated coffee, Ecco, rice milk, soy milk
- PULSES – soybeans, lentils, dried beans
- SWEETENERS – maple syrup, vanilla beans
- GRAINS – buckwheat, millet, soy flour, rice flour, rice
- NUTS & SEEDS – cashews, poppyseed, pecans, walnuts