An allergen-friendly plant-based nutrition plan with key nutrients to help manage acne and eczema. Includes 7-day meal plan, shopping list, and 15 recipes.
This program incorporates important nutrients for skin health including zinc, antioxidants, and polyphenols. The meal plan is high in fibre and low glycemic with no added sugars to help manage insulin levels. It also provides probiotics and prebiotics to support gut health. This plan is egg-free, nut-free, soy-free, gluten-free and dairy-free as these foods are commonly linked to flare-ups.
- Allergen Friendly – Clinical studies indicate that food allergies may play a role in exacerbating eczema in some people. Eggs, milk, nuts, soy, gluten, and dairy are foods that are commonly linked to eczema flare-ups even in those who are not allergic to them. This program avoids these common food allergens and can be used to help identify potential food triggers.
- Low Glycemic – A high glycemic diet has been shown to increase insulin release and can worsen acne. Shifting your diet to include high fibre, low glycemic foods can improve glycemic control and acne management. This program uses low glycemic foods, provides up to 55 grams of fibre daily, and is sugar-free.
- Gut Health – Prebiotics and probiotics are incorporated daily to bring good bacteria back into the gut and create a synergistic effect. Probiotics found in cultured products are live bacteria that help boost your immune system and fight off bad bacteria. Prebiotics found in certain fruits, vegetables and legumes, support digestive health by feeding the good bacteria. This program provides coconut yogurt paired with fruit daily to promote good gut health.
- Zinc – Healthy levels play an important role in managing both acne and eczema. The severity of these skin conditions often increases when there is a zinc deficiency in the diet. Zinc also helps support the immune system, cell growth, and repair. This plan provides zinc from oats, pumpkin seeds, coconut yogurt, and lentils.
- Antioxidants – Vitamin A and vitamin C are necessary to maintain skin health and are linked to the severity of acne and eczema. Turmeric contains curcumin, an anti-inflammatory agent which acts synergistically with several antibiotics to inhibit the growth of some skin bacteria. This plan provides daily antioxidants from fruits, vegetables, and turmeric.