what is an HTMA test?
Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis, or more commonly called Hair Analysis Test or Heavy Metal Testing, is a scientifically-based, non-invasive pathology test that measures minerals toxic heavy metals within the body. Hair analysis testing picks up imbalances that routine blood and urine testing can miss.
HTMA testing provides valuable information on existing health conditions as well as early detection and prevention of conditions, as mineral imbalances are often seen before symptoms occur.
If your health, diet, or environment has created a mineral imbalance or toxic heavy metal excess it will be recorded in the hair shaft.
why test minerals?
Minerals are essential nutrients for growth, healing, and wellbeing. They are necessary for energy and enzyme production, bone health and formation, fluid and pH balance, nerve and muscle function.
Due to modern farming techniques and depleted soils, the mineral content in our foods is reduced. Also, chemical food additives, pollutants, and modern stressful lifestyles have a detrimental effect on our nutritional status.
Health conditions such as cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, migraine headaches, learning difficulties, and hyperactivity in children can be aggravated by mineral imbalance and toxic heavy metal excess.
excess and deficiency
Excesses and deficiencies can be created by the excess of an unrequired supplement. The wrong supplements can be causing you harm, affecting your energy levels and general wellbeing.
Have you self-prescribed supplements thinking you were doing yourself benefit, or read Dr. Google, or been advised by a friend or family member?
Research suggests that a growing number of Australians are self-medicating with vitamins and minerals, in an attempt, to correct poor health. Did you know you may be wasting your money or causing yourself harm by taking unnecessary vitamins and minerals? For example, unnecessarily taking zinc supplements can be harmful!
The effects of Zinc overdose can cause an impaired immune response, electrolyte imbalance, and anemia.
who needs to do a hair analysis test?
- Children – Minerals are essential for growth and development. It is especially advisable for behavioural issues, learning difficulties, hyperactivity, and reoccurring illness.
- Sportspersons and Athletes – Maintaining balanced nutrient levels is essential for endurance, performance, and recovery from injury.
- Fertility and Pregnancy – Nutritional imbalance can lead to health consequences. Many minerals have an impact on hormone levels that can cause fertility issues. Toxic heavy metal elements can influence the health of a baby.
- Menopause – Minerals have a direct impact on hormones and imbalances can have an effect on hot flushes and night sweats, sleeping, mood changes, and other issues.
- Elderly – Addressing mineral imbalances and detoxifying heavy metals can considerably improve mood and quality of life.
- Trades and Industry workers – Many trades and industry workers have heavy metal toxicity and an HTMA test can reveal reasons behind many conditions.
- Health Conditions – Mineral imbalance and heavy metal toxicity can cause or aggravate many health conditions such as cardiovascular disease, high cholesterol, thyroid imbalance, high blood pressure, blood sugar imbalances, osteoporosis, migraine headaches, adrenal fatigue, and digestive problems.
why is HTMA essential for your wellbeing?
Each person is unique and needs to be treated on an individual biochemical basis. Not everyone needs Zinc, or Magnesium, or Iron, even if Dr. Google says so. For some, taking certain minerals will adversely affect their wellbeing. Are you one of them?
HTMA testing is safe, scientifically based, and non-invasive.
HTMA testing is a personalized interpretive test that assesses your current mineral status, highlight areas of concern, and recommend dietary changes and supplements for improved health and wellbeing.
Hair analysis is more cost-effective than mineral testing by other means.
By analyzing your hair tissue, we can work together to adjust your diet or simplify your supplement regime for greater energy and improved wellbeing.
To start your wellbeing journey and arrange your HMTA test make sure you book your FREE Discovery Chat with Annette today.
Not ready to ask your Naturopath yet? Check out our do-it-yourself educational and supportive health programs, like our Gut Repair program, instead.
Looking for high-quality natural medicines? Make sure you chat with our team of experts about our selection by booking your Complimentary Consult with us today.